About Sidra Medical and Research Center
Sidra Medical and Research Center is a groundbreaking hospital, research and education institution, currently under construction in Doha, Qatar, that will focus on the health and wellbeing of women and children regionally and globally. Sidra will be a fully digital facility, incorporating the most advanced information technology applications in clinical, research and business functions. Sidra will initially have around 400 beds with infrastructure to enable expansion to 550 beds in a subsequent phase.
Sidra represents the vision of Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser who serves as its Chairperson. The high-tech facility will not only provide world-class patient care but will also help build Qatar's scientific expertise and resources. Sidra will be funded by a US$7.9 billion endowment from Qatar Foundation, one of the largest endowments of its kind in the world.Sidra is part of a dynamic research and education environment in Qatar that includes leading international institutions, such as: Sidra’s academic partner Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar, and Qatar Science and Technology Park. Through strong partnerships with leading institutions around the world, Sidra is creating an intellectual ecosystem to help advance scientific discovery through investment in medical research.
Sidra will have a unique working structure with inter-professional collaboration at the heart, providing the best holistic care for patients and an unparalleled learning environment for its medical professionals. Sidra will combine the best in design, technology, operations and practices from medical centers around the world – to offer its employees an environment that is at once familiar and extraordinary.
Excellence in Paediatrics Institute
The Excellence in Paediatrics Institute (EIPI) emerged from the Excellence in Paediatrics Conference to cater to the needs of leading pediatric academics and healthcare professionals who wanted a global community in order to collaborate and connect more effectively. Operating on a not-for-profit basis, EIPI provides continuous medical education of unparalleled quality, to a global network of over 60,000 providers. Over the years, EIPI has grown rapidly and now delivers activities through the Excellence in Paediatrics Community (registered in London) and the Excellence in Paediatrics Institute (registered in Geneva).
The Excellence in Paediatrics Conference
The Excellence in Paediatrics Conference is EIPI’s annual signature event for best practice updates and global outreach. Continuous professional skills development is a top priority for EIPI and the annual EIP conference is central to this objective. In its fourth year, Excellence in Paediatrics is a dynamic, innovative, and highly engaging conference that informs its delegates of the latest scientific developments and most importantly helps them improve the care they deliver.
This year EIPI is celebrating the fourth edition of the Excellence in Paediatrics conference in Madrid, Spain. From the first edition in 2009 in Florence, to the second edition in 2010 in London, and then to the third in Istanbul, Turkey, the Excellence in Paediatrics conference has used continuous process improvement methods to improve, to grow, and to add value for its attendees. Each edition is improved by the comments, the demands and the needs of the participants and the community members. EIP convenes leading international scientists and front line clinicians together to further the needs for professional development and better every day practice.
In 2013, the EIP conference will celebrate its fifth edition in Qatar hosted by the Sidra Medical and Research Center. It will be the biggest and most important international pediatric conference:
- More than 3,000 healthcare professionals from 98 countries
- More than 90 top academics and international KOLs as speakers
- 10 workshops – interactive case studies
- 5 multi-stakeholders Summits as part of Initiatives: Global Breastfeeding: HPV, Anaphylaxis, Global baby skin care, Active Healthy Living
- With participation of International & European organisations including: WHO, EU, International Association of Parent Organizations (IAPO), American Academy of Pediatrics, European Paediatric Association, Governmental officials and Media
- Ministerial Summit on Children’s Environmental Health
- 2nd Parents' Conference – Parents' Talks: with participation of media representatives, Parents' Associations, IAPO, Schools of Public Health in Europe & International Teachers Association
- Four EIP Schools: pre-conference workshops focusing on young scientists 80 bursaries allowing clinicians from the developing world to participate in pre-conference workshop and attend the congress.